Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Pondering the Mysteries

Sometimes when I am alone in the quiet of the early morning I ponder the great mysteries of the universe.  I am sure I am not the only one who does this.   In this fast paced, interconnected world, it’s easy to get lost in the noise.   I ran across this poem I wrote sometime last year that must have been penned during one of those quiet moments when the noise disappeared and I was left with my thoughts.  

In moments like these, 
Just before dawn
I wonder if I 
Am where I belong
If the life
That I live
Is what was meant for me

Is our fate sealed 
Or are we masters of our 
Own destiny?

How do we really know
At the end of the day
And why are we so
Afraid
Of the answer

We drift day to day
And wonder why we are disillusioned 
With life
With love
With ourselves

We live in our past
And shake hands
With our regrets
Everyday
As life swiftly passes by

And we search for the one thing
That will fill the empty place
Created by a longing
For something 
We didn't even know we needed.

~Peace, Tracy
Copyright 2018 TLP

No comments: