Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Poetry from my Insane Brain!!!

For your reading pleasure or displeasure :-) I present one of my "don't know where it comes from" poems..... Don't analyze it.

Copyright 2006 Tracy L Patman

Nightmare

On the edge of sanity,
I walk a narrow line.
Is this really happening
or is it in my mind?
It just keeps racing blindly,
to where I do not know,
little pills wash down my throat,
in hopes that it will slow.

Down the darkened tunnel
I wander aimlessly
Paths in all directions
Which one could it be
I reach out in desperation
but find a padded wall
I struggle with a handle,
Am i free at all?

I drift from all the visions,
and imagine better times
I battle with a demon,
then an angel comes in sight.
She gently moves the pillow
that crowded round my face,
I see the sun is rising
and I am free from the race.

No comments: